No 91 – v, 3rd December 2020
Regarding the working regime and organization of the study process
Based on the rules of the Cabinet Regulation No 655 of the 6th November 2020 “Regarding Declaration of the Emergency Situation” and rules No 360 of the 9th June 2020 “Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection”, LiepU is establishing these epidemiological safety measures and restrictions in the period from 3rd December 2020 until 11th January 2021:
- For LiepU staff, including students, to strictly observe the recommendations of the Disease Prevention and Control Center (DPCC) (https://www.spkc.gov.lv/lv/aktualitates-par-covid-19) and LiepU procedures “Procedures for the containment of the spread of Covid-19 in Liepaja University” (https://www.liepu.lv/en/61/documents-and-regulations), as well as:
1.1. In LiepU indoors to wear mouth and nose covers, except for cases when one employee is present at the room.
1.2. To observe a two meter distance in LiepU rooms; meetings must be limited to two people.
1.3. In one working room can not be more than one guest.
1.4. All public events in presence are cancelled and prohibited (conferences, seminars, meetings and other events).
2. To DETERMINE that
2.1. Studies in the study programmes of higher education are held remotely, except for the acquisition of individual practical part, which is necessary for acquiring professional skills or qualification, and which is not possible to carry out remotely.
2.2. Individual practical classes are organized in laboratories or specially equipped rooms only after the consent with a dean.
7. Study buildings are open for staff and visitors:
7.1. Building in Lielā street 14, Liepaja, on working days and on Saturday – 05.12.2020. is open from 7:30 am until 20:00 pm.
7.2. Building on Kurmaja prospect 20, Liepaja, on working days is open from 8:00 am until 18:00 pm and on Saturday – 05.12.2020. from 8:00 am until 15:00 pm.
7.4. LiepU buildings on Sundays are closed.
The entrance in buildings for staff and visitors is allowed by presenting a valid LiepU card, for other visitors after a prior consent with the relevant LiepU department (Head of the department must inform the university key person).
8. LiepU library is open for visitors only for handing out books on every working day from 9:00 am until 17:00 pm. At the entrance of the library rooms is displayed information in Latvian and English about the maximum number of visitors, providing that at least 10 m2 of the area of rooms is available for one visitor.
9. Further academic process at LiepU can be changed and planned according to the showings of the epidemiological state and public safety requirements.
12. To ACKNOWLEDGE that the order No 78 - v of the 26th October 2020 “Regarding the working regime” has lost its force, the order No 85 - v of the 13th November 2020 “Regarding the working regime and organization of the study process” and the order No 89 - v of the 27th November 2020 “Regarding the amendments in the rector’s order No 85 – v, 13.11.2020.”
Rector Dace Markus