A citizen of a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, or Switzerland may enter the Republic of Latvia without visa and stay for 90 days within a 6 months period.
A residence permit is required if your duration of stay exceeds 90 days within a 6 months period.
Documents for residence permit should be submitted to The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) minimum 1 month prior termination of your 90 days visa-free period.
To obtain a residence permit you need to submit to the regional Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs the following documents:
· European Health Insurance card;
· Study Agreement/proof of acceptance (provided by Liepaja University);
· Valid travel document recognized in the Republic of Latvia (ID card or passport);
· Official application form for a residence permit ;
· Documents confirming that you have acquired the necessary education to start the studies (for full degree students only).
The documents for your residence permit application can be submitted in Latvian, English, French, Russian or German. Unless there are international agreements in force that provide for a different procedure, all documents issued in other countries have to be legalized.