Degree to be achieved: professional bachelor degree in Mechatronics, qualification of Mechatronics Engineer
Duration of studies: 4 years
Type of studies: Full time
European Qualifications Framework (EQF) level: Level 6
International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) level: Level 6
Language of instruction: English
Study programme director: Mg.sc.comp. Uldis Zaimis, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee per year: 2700 EUR
- Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate and Transcript with good results. Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity.
- The grade in Mathematics from the GCSE (at least 60%)
- The grade in English from the GCSE
- IELTS minimum overall grade of 5.5 or TOEFL iBT / paper based or English language profiency letter or LiepU English test
- Recorded interview
About the programme
Study programme is realized together with Ventspils University of Applied Sciences - Electronics and Electromagnetism study courses will be realized there in an amount of 24 ECTS.
Objectives of the programme:
- to promote the growth of professionals in the fields of national economy where modern electromechanical equipment management with integrated electronics and hardware application has been applied;
- to promote the development of computer management in the region and country;
to provide the conditions for high quality and competitive higher education by training specialists capable of realising academic and applied research in computer management science (science sector: 2.2. electrical engineering, electronics, information and communication technologies);
to give a possibility to study programme's "Smart Technologies" graduates to continue the education in the master's study programmes in engineering, mechatronics, adaptronics and other fields, as well as to give the corresponding professional competences;
to encourage the development of creative, responsible and motivated to lifelong learning personality.
- To create the conditions and possibilities for students to get professional education in mechatronics.
- to provide the intellectual and material resources necessary for the implementation of the bachelor's programme in accordance with the standard of the programme;
- to promote independent studies by providing the necessary resources and the necessary control of the study work;
- to involve students in the research work by developing skills of research work.
- To provide a science-based understanding of modern automatic management, data transmission, remote management systems, their development and development tendencies.
- to create the conditions and environment for acquiring knowledge about the development of computer management disciplines, their interdependence and interaction, and possibilities of practical application;
- to ensure continued improvement of the programme.
- Introduction to studies, research and technology: Industry legislation, Office software, Technical English, Environmental and Civil defense.
- Entrepreneurship module: Business Management, Project management, Human Resources Management, Professional Communication, Total Quality Management, Production organization and management.
- Field theoretical curses: Mathematics, Programming I, II, III, Electronics (VeA), Electricity and magnetism (VeA), Metrology and measurement devices, Mechanics and flows, Thermodynamics, Algorithms and Data Structures, Technical graphics I,II, Operating Systems.
- Electronics module: Electronics Engineering Project I, II, II, Electronics Basics (VeA).
- Electronics and construction module: Introduction to mechanics, Construction I, II, Technical graphics III, Materials, structures, Hydraulic and pneumatic drive, Production Engineering I, II, III, Study project I, II, III.
- Electronics module: Electrical engineering and electric drives, Sensors.
- Information technology module: Databases, Internet of Things I, II, Robot control I, II, Artificial Intelligence, Simulation and mathematical modelling, Cloud computing project.
- Innovation and smart technologies module: Innovation management, Smart technology project I, II.
- Practice I, II, III
- Government Examination
- Bachelor Thesis
The student is able to develop automation algorithms of the technological process, manage the design of computer management systems, supervise the operation of equipment and their assembly tasks, use special knowledge and skills for solutions to various practical, technical problems or tasks, design and develop possible automation options, advise on the effectiveness of the automation process, the latest developments of the computer management technology sector, their possibilities of establishment.
A mechatronics engineer works in companies that manage electromechanical equipment with an integrated use of electronics and hardware.
When finishing the studies, the student obtains a diploma of professional higher education.